Sunday, February 17, 2013

Newest Ink



On Saturday after a day of pampering with my friend Devon, I decided I wanted to get a new tattoo.  I have 3 already and have been wanting to add to my collection. I decided to get something very meaningful and special to me.


It's 3 paw prints going up my ankle. It represents my dogs Max, Lucy and Charlie.  Max was my first dog. We got him when I was about 7 when we were living in England. He was a yellow lab and the love of my life.  He was such a goof ball and just so full of love for his family.  He passed away from cancer when I was 18. When my parents divorced Max went to live with my dad in California. My dad drove Max out for my high school graduation, he was very sick and had large tumors from the cancer but I was so grateful that I got to see him one last time.  He passed away a few weeks later.  I miss him so much and think about him almost daily.  

 Max 

We adopted Lucy right after we moved back from England.  I think I was about 10 at the time.  She was a gorgeous husky mix. She had one blue eye and one brown eye and could steal your heart in a second.  It was obvious she had been abused from her previous owners but she was full of love nonetheless. She was a little princess and definitely ran our house.  She passed away a little over a year ago. It was very sudden. She had never been sick a day in her life and all of a sudden she just wasn't herself. The vet determined that she had a brain tumor and she was put to sleep that same day.  I was at school and never got to say goodbye.  I miss her every day and I just hope she is at peace now and running around up in heaven with Max.

Lucy

The third paw print is for my dog Charlie. He was a birthday gift from my parents when I was 13.  He is a Boston Terrier and one of the sweetest dogs you'll ever meet.  He is so full of love and tries very hard to make his family happy.  Up until Lucy died he had never been alone, he had always had another dog with him.  Since her death he has changed. He isn't as happy go lucky anymore and you can tell that he is depressed and misses her.  He is getting older and it's tough not seeing him every day. I love him so much and wanted to get something to honor the relationship I've had with my dogs.

Charlie

I know some people don't really get that type of relationship. But to me I know they loved me unconditionally and I cherish every moment I got to spend with them.  I wanted something permanent to represent them and be with me always. This tattoo symbolizes the impact they have had on my life and now it's kind of like they are always walking with me.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips