Monday, January 21, 2013

Today's Random Thought


What is it to live an "inspired" life? Does that mean I have to walk around finding the meaning in everything and taking the time to absorb not only the world around me but the essence of life itself? Well I definitely don't have time for that....

One of my professors started off a lecture last week discussing what it means to be inspired and the importance of "taking it all in".  Now, I was kind of unsure what he meant by that.  It's true that I am often in to big of a hurry to stop and take time to appreciate the ever so annoying construction on campus, the squirrels whom I'm convinced are trying to take over Prexy's Pasture, or the idle conversations of those around me; but does that mean that I am not living an inspired life?

I think what he was getting at was that we are to focused on the future and less focused on the moment.  I can't remember the last time I actually took the time to experience the moment as it was. Even right now I'm thinking about finishing the most recent episode of The Biggest Loser and about how much sleep I'm going to get tonight. I guess my life is much more mundane than it is "inspired". 

I guess it's actually kind of difficult to actually experience the moment you're in since we are always moving onto the next thing before it's even happened.

Just a random thought......




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips